These photos were taken around one year apart. One year.
Can you imagine living your life without teeth?
Have a brief example of what you’d experience:
- Unable to eat properly, your health and physical well-being suffers significantly and this shortens your life over time. If you’re like me and have weak jaws, you’ll likely not be able to chew well; you’re going to be swallowing lumps of things, which is uncomfortable, gross, and unhealthy.
-Eating can be very painful, to the point you’re going to be eating soup, mashed potatoes, or cream of wheat for at least a few meals.
-Self-confidence tanks, and so can your mental health; this has really f*cked me up, leaving me intensely depressed to the point where I’ve pretty much cried for entire days, not to mention trying to adjust to this nightmare that has become my life.
- Dentures generally need to be pasted into your mouth (the paste doesn’t usually last that well, and isn’t a fix-all. It also tastes pretty foul.) and tend to cause anything from mild discomfort to bad pain.
- You don’t get to eat anything sticky, chewy, etc.; no more toffee, gum, unprocessed meat, salad (yes, even things like lettuce and spinach are VERY difficult to eat. And, forget fresh fruit and veggies. Too firm,
- No biting with your front teeth.
- There is no real ‘resting place’ for your lower jaw - it’s uncomfortable and even painful to have your gums pressed together, and letting your lower jaw relax and ‘hang’ is almost as bad.
- Have you heard someone speak without teeth? You’re liable to repeat things A LOT and feel self-conscious and stupid.
-People will shun you, or give you repulsed looks.
-Try looking for work when you look like I do, all gums and no teeth. No way you’re getting an interview or a call back.
Not to mention that your JAWS SHRINK and make it even more difficult to eat/speak and are prone to FRACTURING.
That’s why I am on my knees, begging and praying for the donations I so desperately need to replace my teeth with implants.
Implants act like REAL TEETH and I could eat/speak as before and my jaws would stop shrinking. But, I live in poverty and am disabled. I can’t afford it alone. I’m scared this is going to be the end of me.
$275 of $29,160 goal
Wow! Two hours after I reblogged this and
$2,287 of $29,160 goal !!!
From the Gofundme link:
*My goal was updated after getting the written estimate from my denturist*
$24,050 of $32,130 goal
She’s almost there!
found @ 19 likes ON 2019-01-20 20:30:22 BY ME.ME