Do conservatives forget about the Southern Strategy? Sure. Lincoln who freed the slaves was a republican, but parties change.
1) Racism in America is bipartisan.
2) If any organization is old enough, it was likely founded by one.
3) That’s still not a reason to be a republican, and harassment implies lack of consent.
4) No one does, but if you think that we live in a society of equality you’re delusional.
5) So does everyone
6) Having a gun in the home is more likely to do you harm than good. Plus have you seen Chris Dorner? So much for fighting against tyranny.
7) You are and you are, because the Republican Party is firmly against all policies that benefit black people and uplift them out of oppression. They’ve even been openly racist towards us.
8) If Obama saddens you, but Rick Santorum gives you a hard-on, I don’t know what to say
1) But institutionalized racism pervaded largely due the the Democrats.
2) What’s your point? He’s just giving a reason why he doesn’t side with the organization.
3) It sure as hell is a reason not to be a democrat. Note he said “Conservative” not “Republican”.
4) He never said we did. And “no one does”? You must be kidding.
5) Not even close.
6) That is not even close to being accurate.
7) Name one. The Democrats are the ones making it easier to wallow in the projects than get a decent job.
8) He didn’t say a flipping thing about Rick Santorum. Your arguments are laughable Please hang up and try again.
First of all, let’s get it straight that I am a liberal leaning independent. I don’t necessarily support everything that the democratic party does, but leaning one way or another should be an ideological thing rather than a “well some democrats are hypocrites thing” especially since that is a trait shared across the board in many respects.
Secondly, the last thing I said about Santorum was just a joke, so let’s not take that and run with it.
Let’s not make it seem like all conservatives are just hard working, average joe’s that want to earn their living and live their lives in peace and liberals are elitist and freeloading meritless baby killers.
In terms of number 5, the right usually frame this “dependence on government” nonsense with regards to any programs that benefit the poor.. Welfare is NOT freeloading etc. My point about planned parenthood is that the majority of organizations are founded by racists, including and especially The Republican Party.
We can argue about the second amendment all you like, but 2/3rds of all gun deaths are suicides. Even still I grant that as a black man, you’re allowed to believe in some conservative values or whatever.
I am no proponent of the idea that Democrats help black people, but let’s not pretend like the republicans are for black people. Herman Cain says racism isn’t a problem. the general tone on the right seems to insinuate that black people are down on their luck not because we’re suffering from continued institutional racism, but because we’re lazy or unmovitated or freeloaders who love Obama’s entitlement society. That is racist. Period.
“Including and especially the Republican party"
No. Not especially. Not at all. Were their racists in all the parties? Sure. But it was NOT "especially” the Republicans The vast majority of people who fought against slavery were Democrats. That is a FACT. Even most Liberals will concede that before they claim the parties switched.
I’d like to see a source for that stat. And people committed suicides before guns existed. You can’t tell me that not owning a gun will magically get rid of suicidal tendencies. That’s insane.
I’ve talked about the whole “white Privilege” stuff before. Just today, actually. In a video. If our ancestors were able to overcome EXTREME racism, then the relatively minor cases of “continued institutional racism" should not stop anyone.