Because social media is a virus, I feel the need to clear some things up. Soon-Yi Previn is not Woody Allen’s kid. She is the adopted daughter of his ex girlfriend, Mia Farrow, and her ex husband. It’s important to note that Soon-Yi was of age and consented to everything. Yes, it’s still fucking creepy but she is not his kid.
Woody Allen is a hugeantic piece of shit so if you want to rag on him, let’s focus on the true things:
- He pursued a sexual relationship and eventual marriage with a young woman he helped raise for 12 years and described his relationship with her before the marriage as “paternal.” (The way that tweet should have been worded.)
- He included jokes in his stand up comedy routine about his first wife’s sexual assault.
- He definitely more than likely sexually abused his adopted daughter, Dylan. You can read about the case and decide for yourself. But come on.
- He has always romanticized gigantic age differences in relationships in his films with girls that are barely-legal. (Juliette Lewis was 19 when she played opposite him. He was 56.)
- He has most of Hollywood wrapped around his skeevy finger and it’s gross. No one wants to let Dylan Farrow have a voice against him because he’s so “loved” and celebrated as an icon in Hollywood. Much like Bill Cosby was…hmm…
- Seriously Dylan has been trying to talk about this for 25 years and people won’t listen. He had been in therapy for inappropriate behavior toward her before anything was presented to the police.
- 2 babysitters and a tutor backed up Dylan’s claim.